Number of Players: 2
Year of Publication: 1991
Creator(s): Blaise Muller
Quarto! is complicated Connect Four and for this review we’ve done a video, our first real video review! The video covers all our normal sections except ‘History and Interesting Things’ so check it out below:
History and Interesting Things:
There are only a couple of notable things about this game and they are:
- The game was invented in 1991 by Swiss mathematician Blaise Müller.
- It has won the following awards:
- 2003 Vuoden Aikuistenpeli (Finland), Winner, Adult Game of the Year
- 1993 Mensa Select Winner.
- 1993 Spiel des Jahres Recommendation.
- 1992 Golden Ace (France), Winner, Game of the Year
- 1985 Concours International de Créateurs de Jeux de Société Winner.
Like we say in the video, we like this game a lot! My only issue with it is retaining enough concentration to keep in check all of the eight different piece attributes that could create a line. However I would highly recommend this game and if you like games that range from Connect Four to Chess then you will most probably love this game.